This is a tune named after Dj Dag. A very well-known track across dedicated fans of the early German sound. What is informally known though, is the fact that Dj Dag gave the name ‘Trance’ to this type of musical structure – by 1991, Dj Dag and Sven Vath combining hard-hitting electronic motoric sound patterns with chicago acid house and detroit techno to produce hard house and to what soon after evolved as the German trance aesthetic, and to the wider picture.
The sound of Frankfurt.
We loved the moments when we communicated for the exclusive set he made for Report2Dancefloor Radio
1. What plays in your car? _In the moment - Moon Duo! That's a Band from Portland/Oregon.. They make a nice mixture between electronic and Rock..
2. How did it all start for you? _For me, everything started when I was 16 Years old and went the first Time in a (real) Club in Frankfurt.. It was like: That's great, I want this every Weekend from now on! This was in 1976 and 10 years before I became a DJ!
3. What is one subgenre you think doesn't get the attention it deserves? _Tech'n'Roll
4. What is one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you hear it? _There's are sooo many! Hm, in electronic Music, I would say: Radioaktivity from Melt or some of my own Trax for sure!
5. As both a Dj/Producer, which side are you on: entertainment or educational? _For me always was Dj'ing first! And the biggest Moments are, when I play a new Track I made in the Studio the first Time in a Club..
6. Do you walk around humming melodies? _Yeah, some Times! :)
7. Your message to Report2Dancefloor Radio (including your plans ahead) _In the Moment there are too many messages I could give to the People out there! In the Moment there are too many things going wrong in this World..But I say: Stay as you are.. Treat People the way you wanna be treated..
Dj Dag has an unstoppable energy that he wide spreads across the globe through generations and generations
1985-1988 Resident-DJ in Music-Hall (Frankfurt)
1988 -1993 Resident-DJ in Dorian Gray (Frankfurt)
1993-1997 Resident-DJ in Omen (Frankfurt)
1997-1999 California (USA), DJ in 1015 Folsom in San Francisco,
1998 Daughter Suna
1999 Resident-DJ in U60311 (Frankfurt)
2000-2005 Ibiza, DJing in Space & Germany
2005-2013 DJ in Cocoon Club
2013-2016 Travel, studio, gigs
1998-2016 Appearances on Nature One
1993-2011 Radioshow hr3 Clubnight
2011-NOW Resident-DJ in The Panther CLub (Frankfurt)
The aftermath of such an busy agenda is that Dj Dag feels he now has to give a lot more to the music scene and he puts all his energy to a new project with a collaboration and under the name
''DjDag & Matthew Kramer'' .......check it out!!!